Senior Quant Trader
WEBB Traders is a fast-growing global proprietary trading company and market maker active in electronic trading on leading international financial markets, driven by data and technology. We are entrepreneurial and innovative - embracing teamwork and creativity. Our headquarters is in Amsterdam City Centre and is supported by a broader European presence from where the regional, US and Brazil markets are traded.
Are you the Senior Quant able to inspire our team with quantifiable trading ideas?
WEBB Traders is looking for a Senior Quant Trader in Amsterdam that is able to bring the quant team to the next level. The team is young, driven and works closely together to meet the team goals.
Do you want to take the next step in your career, looking to share your experience and mentor junior quants? Then we are looking for you…
As a Senior Quant Trader, you are responsible for the development and execution of data-driven strategies in financial markets. You will have total understanding of how strategies should operate, recognise odd behaviour and market patterns or characteristics to improve an existing- or develop a new strategy.
As a Senior Quant Trader, you will:
- Develop- and execute data-driven strategies in financial markets.
- Guide junior quants to a successful implementation of new trading strategies.
- Interpret day-to-day trading reports and suggest improvements based on those reports.
- Backtest new trading ideas or strategy improvements and set course for future research.
- Contribute to all aspects of the trading desk activities, including: position reconciliation, risk management tasks, and post trade analysis.
- Work closely together with other trading teams and the Risk department.
- Continue building towards a more automated and data-driven trading environment and make it future proof.
- Report key results of the team to the management board.
- Effectively and critically challenging others when necessary.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to join a highly professional and driven team in a very challenging market
- Be part of a fast growing and ambitious company
- Facilities to develop your skills and competencies
- A competitive reward package
- Healthy lunch at the office
- Free sport facility
- Travel costs reimbursement
- Fun activities with colleagues on regular base
- A great office in the center of vibrant Amsterdam
Who are you?
- 5+ years of experience as a quant trader or part of a quant trading team with a proven track record
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Computational Finance (or equivalent)
- Experience supporting and coaching junior employees
- Good understanding of market microstructure
- Very creative and able to come up with new trading ideas
- Can translate patterns into quantifiable trading models
- A driven, innovative and enterprising team player
- A strong analytical thinker, risk tolerant, stress resistant and up-to-date with latest developments
Nice to haves
- Good programming skills, preferably in Python
- Easily able to translate trading ideas into code
- Knowledge of GCP or a similar cloud computing solution
- Experience with version control (Git), unit testing, code coverage and code reviewing
- Apply on our WEBB site.
- Please share with us your motivation to work with us and why you think you will fit.
- Have a chat via cam with us (unless you are around and can drop by for a coffee).
- Come and visit our office in Amsterdam for interviews and a drink.
- Nail the assessment and personality test.
- Accept our offer!