Senior C++ Software Engineer
WEBB Traders is looking for a senior software engineer to join our growing R&D team in Amsterdam. Our core language is C++, but we also use other languages as C# and Python. The team is responsible for the build of our automated trading systems, tools and connectivity. You will be exposed to trading intelligence, low latency systems, exchange/ market connectivity and quantitative and big data analysis.
We focus on continuous improvement and technological innovation. As a developer you will be a full and equal member of the team and eligible for a considerable upside, incremental to your input.
Do you like to work in an entrepreneurial organization and do you bring the experience we need to raise the level in our trading software, please apply for this function!
Your work will consist – among other – of:
- Development of trading applications and strategies
- Data driven automation, data capture and analysis
- Building and improving high performance systems, trading infrastructure, exchange gateways and connectivity and algorithms
- Helping and mentoring junior Engineers
- Help with adoption of best practices
- Weight in evolutionary technical decisions
- Participate in scrum meetings, such as stand-ups, retrospectives, backlog refinement and demo’s
- Completed a Bachelor or Master degree, in computer science, computer engineering or related field of study.
- Multiple years of experience in financial trading industry in a direct development role.
- Preferably the personality to challenge and drive the team towards the next level.
- Knowledge in finances & trading
- Up to date Knowledge of the C++ standard and technical specifications
- Knowledge of modern C++ design patterns & idioms
- Experience with asynchronous C++ libraries
- Experience with concurrent programming, parallelism is a plus
- Experience with multi-platform C++ tool-chain, CMake is a plus
- Experience with beautifiers, static analyzers & profilers
- Familiarity with functional programming
- Knowledge of low level programming and x64 computer architecture
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Understanding of real time, mission critical and fault tolerant systems
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies
Required soft skills:
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast paced environment
- Good communication skills and positive and constructive attitude
- A true interest in technology and finance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Focussed on continuous improvement