Lead Algorithmic Trading Team
WEBB Traders is a fast-growing global proprietary trading company and market maker active in electronic trading on leading international financial markets, driven by data and technology. We are entrepreneurial and innovative – embracing teamwork and creativity. Our headquarters are in Amsterdam, Paris city centre and London. We currently work with 60 colleagues of 16 different nationalities. Our team consists of hard-core traders, curious researchers, brilliant and creative developers, and an enthusiastic support staff. We’re not afraid to think differently, embrace new ideas and dream big.
Are you the Lead of our Algorithmic Trading Team able to inspire our team with quantifiable trading ideas?
WEBB Traders is looking for a Lead of our Algorithmic Trading Execution Team in Amsterdam that is able to bring the algorithmic trading team to the next level. The team is young, driven and works closely together to meet the team goals.
Do you want to take the next step in your career, looking to share your experience and mentor junior and experienced algorithmic traders? Then we are looking for you
As a Lead of the Algorithmic Trading Team, you are responsible for the execution of our algorithmic trading strategies. You will have total understanding of how strategies should operate, recognize odd behavior, and understand market patterns or characteristics to improve execution and develop new strategies.
As a Lead Algorithmic Trading Team, you will:
- Develop- and execute algorithmic strategies in financial markets.
- Guide junior and experienced algorithmic traders through the successful implementation of new trading strategies.
- Contribute to all aspects of the trading desk activities, including: position reconciliation, risk management, and post trade analysis.
- Work closely together with other Trading Teams, the Research Team, IT Development and the Risk department.
- Continue building towards a more automated and data-driven trading environment and make it future proof.
- Report key results of the team to the management board.
- Effectively and critically challenging others when necessary.
Who are you?
- 5+ years of experience as an algorithmic trader or part of an algorithmic trading team with a proven track record
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Computational Finance (or equivalent)
- Experience supporting and developing junior employees
- Strong understanding of market microstructure
- Very creative and able to come up with new trading ideas
- A driven, innovative and enterprising team player
- A strong analytical thinker, risk tolerant, stress resistant and up-to-date with latest developments
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to lead and built a highly professional and driven team in a very challenging market
- Be part of a fast growing and ambitious company
- Have impact on the direction and ambitions of the company
- Facilities to develop your skills and competencies
- A competitive rewards package
- Healthy lunch at the office
- Free sport facility
- Travel costs reimbursement
- Fun activities with colleagues on regular base
- A great office in the center of vibrant Amsterda
- Apply on our WEBB site
- Please share with us your motivation to work with us and why you think you will fit.
- Have a video chat with us (unless you are around and can drop by for a coffee).
- Come and visit our office in Amsterdam for interviews and meet the team.
- Nail the assessment and personality test.
- Accept our offer!