Junior Trading Support Engineer
WEBB Traders is a fast growing global proprietary trading company and market maker active in electronic trading on leading international financial markets, driven by data and technology. We are entrepreneurial and innovative - embracing teamwork and creativity. Our headquarters is in Amsterdam city centre and is supported by a broader European presence from where the regional and US markets are traded.
Want to become an expert in managing high-performance IT infrastructure? Apply now!
Your work will mainly consist of
- Ensuring a smooth operation of our production environment; the hardware and software which is built both in-house and by third-party vendors
- Frequent interactions with our users; answering questions and troubleshooting in case of issues, and understanding their drivers and needs
- Strong collaboration with the development team in building high quality production solutions
- Learning about the trading domain, our systems, and what is needed from IT perspective to run a competitive trading firm
- Building tools to increase the effectiveness of the team, as well as the performance and reliability of our production environment
- The opportunity to join a highly professional team in a very challenging market
- Be part of a fast growing and ambitious company
- Many opportunities to work on your personal development, projects, conferences, and study facilities
- Internal and external training and education in trading software, working agile, hardware and software management
- A competitive reward package
- Healthy lunch at the office
- Free sport facility during and after work
- Travel costs reimbursement
- Fun activities with colleagues on regular base
Who are you?
- Eager, curious and fast learner
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or related studies
- Knowledge of networking, hardware, OSes (Windows, Linux) and databases (SQL, Mongo)
- Team player who thrives in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills with a ‘get it done’ mentality
- Critical eye for complexity and non-value-adding work
- Scripting skills (e.g. bash, python)
- Please share with us your motivation to work with us and why you think you will fit.
- Have a chat via cam with us (unless you are around and can drop by for a coffee).
- Come and visit our office in Amsterdam for interviews and a drink.
- Nail the assessment and personality test.