Junior Trading Support Engineer
WEBB Traders is a fast-growing global proprietary trading company and market maker active in electronic trading on leading international financial markets, driven by data and technology. We are entrepreneurial and innovative - embracing teamwork and creativity. Our headquarters is in Amsterdam City Centre and is supported by a broader European presence from where the regional, US and Brazil markets are traded.
WEBB is looking for junior Support Engineers in Amsterdam
You will be part of the IT-Support team, responsible for the hardware and software solutions used by the company. We work in close collaboration with the in-house end-users of our systems; the traders, risk manager, compliance officers and back-office operations, to ensure a smooth day-to-day operation. This involves acquiring and configuring hardware and software, monitoring health and performance, tuning, and fixing when there are issues, as well as building the tools to help us with these tasks.
With your engineering mindset, you will be looking at opportunities to remove manual work in the team by cleaning up and automating repetitive activities.
Do you enjoy helping people and devising simple and clean solutions to complex challenges? Apply now!
Your work will mainly consist of
- Ensuring a smooth operation of our production environment; the hardware and software which is built both in-house and by third-party vendors
- Frequent interactions with our users; answering questions and troubleshooting in case of issues, and understanding their drivers and needs
- Strong collaboration with the development team in building high quality production solutions
- Learning about the trading domain, our systems, and what is needed from IT perspective to run a competitive trading firm
- Building tools to increase the effectiveness of the team, as well as the performance and reliability of our production environment
- The opportunity to join a highly professional team in a very challenging market
- Be part of a fast growing and ambitious company
- Many opportunities to work on your personal development, projects, conferences, and study facilities
- Internal and external training and education in trading software, working agile, hardware and software management
- A competitive reward package
- Healthy lunch at the office
- Free sport facility during and after work
- Travel costs reimbursement
- Fun activities with colleagues on regular basis
Who are you?
- Eager, curious and fast learner
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or related studies
- Knowledge of networking, hardware, OSes (Windows, Linux) and databases (SQL, Mongo)
- Team player who thrives in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills with a ‘get it done’ mentality
- Critical eye for complexity and non-value-adding work
- Scripting skills (e.g. bash, python)
- Please share with us your motivation to work with us and why you think you will fit.
- Have a chat via cam with us (unless you are around and can drop by for a coffee).
- Come and visit our office in Amsterdam for interviews and a drink.
- Nail the assessment and personality test.