Junior Software Engineer
WEBB Traders is a fast-growing global proprietary trading company and market maker active in electronic trading on international financial markets, driven by data and technology. We are entrepreneurial and innovative - embracing teamwork and creativity. Our headquarters is in Amsterdam City Centre and is supported by a broader European presence from where the regional, US and Brazil markets are traded.
Come and kick-start your IT career at a growing, high-performance trading scale up.
WEBB Traders is looking for graduate software engineers to join our R&D team in Amsterdam, Paris or London. The R&D team is responsible for the evolution of our trading solutions, tools, data processing, workflow automation and connectivity. We are continuously improving our systems and processes, and since we are a small company, we are looking for engineers who are interested in gaining responsibility very quickly and have significant impact on the short- and long-term future of WEBB Traders as a whole.
During the first few years of your career at WEBB Traders, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, as you rotate through all the different areas of our business. You will learn how to devise and optimise trading algorithms, implement (data) control processes, build crucial infrastructural components and work with big data. We will share with you our secrets to designing and building effective, high quality software and creating a high performance environment with a consistently high rate of innovation and true agility.
You will be:
- Learning about the trading domain through trainings and on-the-job interactions
- Developing and optimizing software solutions for trading and all supporting processes, using C++, Python, Rust, SQL and GCP
- Deeply understanding and improving the numerous processes across the company
- Collaborating with your team to devise the most effective solutions
- Interacting with users to understand their objectives and improve their work through your technical ingenuity
- The opportunity to join a highly professional team in a very challenging market
- Be part of a fast growing and ambitious company
- Many opportunities to work on your personal development, such as projects, conferences, and study facilities
- Internal and external training and education in trading software, working agile, hardware and software management
- A competitive reward package
- Healthy lunch at the office
- Free sport facility
- Travel costs reimbursement
- Fun activities with colleagues on regular basis
Who are you?
- Eager, curious and fast learner
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science
- 0 to 2 years experience in a software engineering role
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Understanding of computer architecture, networking and databases
- Experience with modern C++, design patterns & idioms
- Team player who thrives in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills with a ‘get it done’ mentality
- Apply on our WEBB site.
- Please share with us your motivation to work with us and why you think you will fit.
- Have a chat via cam with us.
- Do the programming challenge to show your engineering super powers.
- Come and visit our office in Amsterdam for interviews and a drink.
- Accept our offer!