Junior Infrastructure Engineer
WEBB Traders is a fast-growing global proprietary trading company and market maker active in electronic trading on leading international financial markets, driven by data and technology. We are entrepreneurial and innovative - embracing teamwork and creativity. Our headquarters is in Amsterdam City Centre and is supported by a broader European presence from where the regional, US and Brazil markets are traded.
WEBB is looking for junior Infrastructure Engineers in Amsterdam
As part of the IT-Support team, you will help us with administering, troubleshooting and the general life-cycle management of all IT equipment used by the company. This includes (linux) servers in various data-centres across the world, switches, routers, storage devices, (Windows) workstations and everything else required to run our day-to-day business.
Appreciating that the success of our trading heavily depends on the performance of our infrastructure, you work carefully and diligently to ensure a lean and well-monitored environment.
Structure and consistency make you tick, and you take every opportunity to clean up and improve our infrastructure, facilitating more competitive trading as well as the further growth of our company as a whole.
Want to become an expert in managing high-performance IT infrastructure? Apply now!
Your work will mainly consist of
- Learning about the trading domain, our systems, and what is needed from IT perspective to run a competitive trading firm
- Ordering, installation, upgrading, support and troubleshooting of all equipment in our IT infrastructure
- Installing and configuring operating systems and tooling on workstations and servers
- Fostering a strong working relationship with our users, to understand their business drivers and requirements, and working with your fellow engineers to deliver appropriate solutions
- Interacting with a variety of external suppliers
- Improving our tools to monitor and manage all components in our infrastructure
- The opportunity to join a highly professional team in a very challenging market
- Be part of a fast growing and ambitious company
- Many opportunities to work on your personal development, projects, conferences, and study facilities
- Internal and external training and education in trading software, working agile, hardware and software management
- A competitive reward package
- Healthy lunch at the office
- Free sport facility during and after work
- Travel costs reimbursement
- Fun activities with colleagues on regular basis
Who are you?
- Eager, curious and fast learner
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or related studies
- Deep understanding of networking, hardware, OSes (Windows, Linux) and databases
- Familiar with topics like DHCP, DNS, WSUS, RDP and virtualisation
- Conscientious and structured mind with a ‘get it done’ mentality
- Team player who thrives in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Critical eye for complexity and non-value-adding work
- Scripting skills (e.g. bash, python)
- Apply on our WEBB site.
- Please share with us your motivation to work with us and why you think you will fit.
- Have a chat via cam with us (unless you are around and can drop by for a coffee).
- Come and visit our office in Amsterdam for interviews and a drink.
- Nail the assessment and personality test.
- Accept our offer!