Head of Risk Management
WEBB Traders is a fast-growing global proprietary trading company and market maker active in electronic trading on leading international financial markets, driven by data and technology. We are entrepreneurial and innovative - embracing teamwork and creativity. Our headquarters is in Amsterdam City Centre and is supported by a broader European presence from where the regional and US markets are traded.
Are you the expert in Risk Management that increases our countervailing power?
WEBB Traders is looking for a Head of Risk Management in Amsterdam to further strengthen and develop a standardized framework to identify, measure and monitor principal risks across our firm. The Risk Department reports directly to the Board of WEBB Traders and works closely together with traders, supervisors and our clearing bank.
Do you want to take the next step in your career, building a strong risk department? Then we are looking for you…
As a Head of Risk Management, you are responsible for ensuring that significant emerging market, financial, operational and reputational risks are identified at an early stage and for advising senior management and the Board on appropriate risk mitigation. The role will build substantial countervailing power to a highly demanding trading team.
Your work will consist mainly of:
- Building and motivating a small team of risk managers.
- Continue building towards a more automated and data driven risk framework and make it future proof.
- Overseeing the monitoring and control of the operational risks.
- Overseeing the monitoring and control of the positions in the trading books on a real-time basis to make sure that business activities remain within the pre-defined risk appetite.
- Reporting on key risks to the Board.
- Supporting traders and employees at all levels across the organization to ensure an effectively embedded risk management throughout the business.
- Increasing awareness on the risk management, making sure that it is part of the core responsibilities of employees. Proactively providing risk management advice and mitigating emerging risks and advising the Board on appropriate risk management options.
- Training employees on critical and continuous risk management issues.
- Working closely together with the Compliance department of WEBB Traders on Market Surveillance.
- Coordinating assurance and testing efforts of existing risk controls.
- Supporting the finance department with reporting and capital requirements.
- Effectively and critically challenging others when necessary as a second line of defense.
- Advising on new business activities to ensure risks arising from new products, activities and markets are properly mitigated.
- Following and implementing new risk related rules and regulations.
- Conducting audits on current or emerging high risks and high-risk activities.
- Occasional international travel and assistance in business continuity incidents out-of-hours.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to join a highly professional team in a very challenging market
- Be part of a fast growing and ambitious company
- Facilities to develop your skills and competencies
- A competitive reward package
- Healthy lunch at the office
- Free sport facility
- Travel costs reimbursement
- Fun activities with colleagues on regular base
- Great offices in the center of vibrant Amsterdam and Paris
Who are you?
- You have a compelling communication style, verbally able to work closely with traders, compliance and management and not afraid to speak up your mind
- Cooperative and persuasive to various stakeholders, such as traders, clearing members, compliance and IT / development
- Minimum Bachelor level of education
- More than 5 years’ experience in a similar role preferably with leadership experience in financial markets, asset management or bank (preferably trading)
- A true interest in finance and trading and knowledge of financial instruments
- Strong soft-skills, effective in leading a (project) team of professionals
- Quality and accuracy are your basic standards
- Eager to drive the work in a fast-paced environment
- Mind-set on innovation and continuous improvement
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- You follow the developments in European legislation closely
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Capital Requirements for investment firms
- Experience with project management
- Knowledge of VBA/SQL/Python
- Apply on our WEBB site.
- Please share with us your motivation to work with us and why you think you will fit.
- Have a chat via cam with us (unless you are around and can drop by for a coffee).
- Come and visit our office in Amsterdam for interviews and a drink.
- Nail the assessment and personality test.
- Accept our offer!