WEBB Traders is a fast-growing global proprietary trading company active in electronic trading on leading international financial markets, driven by data and technology. We are entrepreneurial and innovative – embracing teamwork and creativity. Our headquarters are in Amsterdam, Paris and London. We currently work with 60 colleagues of 16 different nationalities. Our team consists of hard-core traders, curious researchers, brilliant and creative developers and an enthusiastic support staff. We’re not afraid to think differently, embrace new ideas and dream big.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in managing a proprietary portfolio and generating PnL, primarily trading natural gas through formulating trading strategies using data driven analysis. Able to assess the underlying fundamentals and the interactions between the gas market and related energy markets, such as power and LNG, preferably with a background in modelling/quants, along with
commercial acumen and strong industry network, you will have a major role to play in the further development of this trading business.
• 3+ years of experience trading natural gas
• 5+ years of experience in proprietary/derivative/flow trading in the energy space
• Academic level in sciences, economics or comparable quantitative background
• Strong mathematical understanding with the ability to apply curves and real
world data to trading
• Good knowledge and understanding of the global gas landscape (European Gas,
US Gas & LNG)
• Desire to grow a desk from scratch in a well financed and organically growing
• Able to relocate, or located in London
Advantageous, but not a must
• Carbon Emission Knowledge/ Cross Commodity Trading
• Experience of semi-systematic trading strategies
• Coding (Python) & Machine learning experience
By applying to this vacancy and attaching your resume, you hereby give consent to the processing of your personal data that you have provided, and you declare your agreement with storing these data for a period of 6 months, according to the GDPR law and regulations.
After that period, your personal data will be automatically deleted from our databases.
All the personal data collected are used by Webbtraders employees, who require access to this data on account of their position, exclusively for recruitment purposes. The employees who are involved in your application process are bound by confidentiality.