Experienced Trading Support Engineer
WEBB Traders is a fast growing global proprietary trading company and market maker active in electronic trading on leading international financial markets, driven by data and technology. We are entrepreneurial and innovative - embracing teamwork and creativity. Our headquarters is in Amsterdam city centre and is supported by a broader European presence from where the regional and US markets are traded.
WEBB is looking for an experienced Support Engineer in Amsterdam.
You will be part of the IT-Support team, responsible for the hardware and software solutions used by the company. In close collaboration with the in-house end-users of our systems, you will ensure a smooth day-to-day operation. This involves acquiring and configuring hardware and software, monitoring health and performance, tuning, and fixing when there are issues.
Applying your expertise, you see and act on opportunities to prevent issues. By observing trends and addressing weaknesses in our infrastructure, setting demanding standards for the in-house built software, and training engineers and users across the company.
You are the engine behind our smooth operation; your contributions allow us to expand steadily and confidently.
Do you pride yourself on running a lean and mean trading IT infrastructure? Then we are looking for you!
Your work will mainly consist of
- Ensuring a smooth operation of our production environment; the hardware and software which is built both in-house and by third-party vendors
- Frequent interactions with our users; answering questions and troubleshooting in case of issues, and understanding their drivers and needs
- Strong collaboration with the development team in building high quality production solutions
- Spotting opportunities to prevent issues, and removing causes of unnecessary work
- Building and maintaining relationships with key suppliers
- The opportunity to join a highly professional team in a very challenging market
- Be part of a fast growing and ambitious company
- Many opportunities to work on your personal development, projects, conferences, and study facilities
- Internal and external training and education in trading software, working agile, hardware and software management
- A competitive reward package
- Healthy lunch at the office
- Free sport facility during and after work
- Travel costs reimbursement
- Fun activities with colleagues on regular base
Who are you?
- 2+ years’ experience managing mission critical infrastructure and software in a trading environment
- Intimate knowledge of networking, hardware, OSes (Windows, Linux) and databases (SQL, Mongo)
- Familiar with tooling and best practices regarding change, life-cycle and incident management, as well as health and performance monitoring of production systems
- Proficient with scripting (bash, python, lua, …)
- Quick on your feet when analysing issues and finding root causes
- Eager to learn more and to deeply understand all aspects of your environment
- A knack for identifying and removing complexity and non-value-adding work
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
Nice to haves
- Experience with Tbricks trading platform
- Experience with Atlassian suite (Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket)
- Please share your motivation to work with us and why you think you will fit
- Have a chat via cam with us (unless you are around and can drop by for a coffee)
- Come and visit our office in Amsterdam for interviews and a drink