Experienced System Reliability Engineer
WEBB Traders is a fast growing global proprietary trading company and market maker active in electronic trading on international financial markets, driven by data and technology. We are entrepreneurial and innovative - embracing teamwork and creativity. Our headquarters is in Amsterdam city center and is supported by a broader European presence from where the regional and US markets are traded.
WEBB is looking for an experienced System Reliability Engineer in Amsterdam.
You will be part of the IT-Support team, responsible for the hardware and software solutions used by the company. We work in close collaboration with the in-house end-users of our systems; the traders, risk managers, compliance officers and back-office operations, to ensure a smooth day-to-day operation. This involves acquiring and configuring hardware and software, monitoring health and performance, tuning, troubleshooting and fixing when there are issues. And above all, building the tools to simplify these activities and increasing our quality and effectiveness as a team.
Applying your expertise, you see and act on opportunities to prevent issues. By observing trends and addressing weaknesses in our infrastructure, setting demanding standards for the in-house built software, and training engineers and users across the company.
You are the engine behind our smooth operation; your contributions allow us to expand steadily and confidently.
Do you pride yourself on running a lean and mean trading IT infrastructure? Then we are looking for you!
Your work will mainly consist of
- Ensuring a smooth operation of our production environment; the hardware and software which is built both in-house and by third-party vendors
- Frequent interactions with our users; answering questions and troubleshooting in case of issues, and understanding their drivers and needs
- Strong collaboration with the development team in building high quality production solutions
- Spotting opportunities to prevent issues, and removing causes of unnecessary work
- Building tools to increase the effectiveness of the team, as well as the performance and reliability of our production environment
- Building and maintaining relationships with key suppliers
- The opportunity to join a highly professional team in a very challenging market
- Be part of a fast growing and ambitious company
- Many opportunities to work on your personal development, projects, conferences, and study facilities
- Internal and external training and education in trading software, working agile, hardware and software management
- A competitive reward package
- Healthy lunch at the office
- Free sport facility during and after work
- Travel costs reimbursement
- Fun activities with colleagues on regular basis
Who are you?
- 2+ years’ experience managing mission critical infrastructure and software in a trading environment
- Intimate knowledge of networking, hardware, OSes (Windows, Linux) and databases (SQL, Mongo)
- Familiar with tooling and best practices regarding change, life-cycle and incident management, as well as health and performance monitoring of production systems
- Proficient with scripting (bash, python, lua, …)
- Quick on your feet when analyzing issues and finding root causes
- Eager to learn more and to deeply understand all aspects of your environment
- A knack for identifying and removing complexity and non-value-adding work
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
Nice to have
- Experience with Tbricks trading platform
- Experience with Atlassian suite (Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket)
- Apply on our WEBB site
- Please share your motivation to work with us and why you think you will fit
- Have a chat via cam with us (unless you are around and can drop by for a coffee)
- Come and visit our office in Amsterdam for interviews and a drink
- Maybe a personality test
- Offer & contract